1. BRIEF INTRODUCTION (90 mins) - FREE
This is open to all health scientists (both clinical and non-clinical) as an introduction to EMDR therapy. It consists of:
- a brief didactic lecture in regard to the Model, the Mechanism and the Method of EMDR therapy (60 mins);
- a brief case presentation (PTSD) highlighting essential principles and strategies (15 mins);
- a brief Q&A session (15 mins).
Participants are encouraged to read my Introductory article: 'What is EMDR therapy?' , before or after the session.
RACGP QI&CPD Program (pending):
For general practitioners (GPs), upon Evaluation this activity attracts 3 Category 1 CPD points.
2. COMPREHENSIVE INTRODUCTION (6 hours) - Advanced Learning Module (ALM) - $330 incl. GST
It is not formal training in EMDR therapy. As an ALM in the QI&CPD program of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP), this consists of 40% didactic teaching and 60% experiential learning. It is structured as follows:
- a pre-disposing activity (compulsory pre-reading and a pre-test);
- an in-depth didactic presentation of the Model, the Mechanism and the Method of EMDR therapy (2 hours);
- a demonstration of essential strategies (resourcing and reprocessing) including a Q&A session (1 hour);
- a practicum in relation to assessment, case conceptualisation, stabilisation and treatment planning (2 hours);
- a plenary session to discuss the overall training experience and the issues raised (1-hour);
- a re-enforcing activity (including a post-test and further recommended reading in regard to EMDR therapy).
RACGP QI&CPD Program: For general practitioners (GPs), this activity attracts 40 Category 1 CPD points upon completion of all requirements and is accredited by the GPMHSC for maintenance of Level 2 FPS registration.